"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Friday, February 03, 2006

Super Bowl Preview: Talking Trash 

I'm not going to comment on the Jerramy Stevens/Joey Porter tempest-in-a-teacup, except to wonder out loud how it is that Porter allowed Stevens to get inside his helmet so very easily. No, for quality trash talking, it's hard to beat the people who have nothing on the line - the fans. Here's the joke currently going around Seattle by e-mail (I'm sure I've heard this before, in another context, but so what):
A first grade teacher explained to her class that she was a Steelers fan. She asked her students to raise their hands if they were Steelers fans, too. Not really knowing what a "Steelers fan" was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands all went up.

However, there was one esception. One little boy had not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asked him why he had decided to be different. "Because I am not a Steelers fan," the boy said.

The teacher asked, "Then what are you?"

"I'm a Seahawks fan."

The teacher was slightly perturbed now. Her face slightly red, she asked the boy why he was a Seahawks fan.

"Well, my mom and dad are Seahawks fans, so I'm a Seahawks fan, too."

The teacher was now visibly angry. "That's not a good reason," she said loudly. "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot?"

The boy smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Steelers fan."

And speaking of trash talking, how is it that Joey Porter is getting all up in Jerramy Stevens' grill, but had nothing to say when Seahawks' defensive end Bryce Fisher was asked during Tuesday's media circus if he knew how to spell [Steelers' QB Ben] "Roethlisberger," and Fisher responded "S-A-C-K-E-D"? (I can't find a link for this, but I swear it was in the paper.)

 

Comments:

 

Hawks 27, Steelers 17
 
Post a Comment