"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Thursday, January 26, 2006

There Are No Coincidences 

A brief update on this even more brief post from earlier today. Josh Marshall quotes Joanne Amos, president of Reflections Photography (which is apparently even now scrubbing embarrassing photos of the Empty Flight Suit and his good buddy, confessed felon Jack Abramoff, from their hard drives):
Amos very straightforwardly told me that the photographs had been removed and that they had been removed because they showed Abramoff and the president in the same picture. The photos were, she told me, "not relevant."

I found that choice of words odd. "Not relevant?" Not relevant to what, I wondered.

Then, I read the transcript from the Boy King's press conference today (emphasis supplied):
My point is, I mean, there's thousands of people that come through and get their pictures taken. I'm also mindful that we live in a world in which those pictures will be used for pure political purposes, and they're not relevant to the investigation.

Hmmmm.

 

Comments:

 

Post a Comment