"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Confidential to Andrea Mitchell: That Wasn't a Horse's Head In Your Bed, That's Just What Alan Greenspan Looks Like Naked 

I noticed this myself and thought I was imagining things, until Atrios caught it, too. Andrea Mitchell interviewed New York Times reporter James Risen about his book, State of War, for MSNBC. Here's how the story originally looked online, via AMERICAblog:
Mitchell: Do you have any information about reporters being swept up in this net?

Risen: No, I don't. It's not clear to me. That's one of the questions we'll have to look into the future. Were there abuses of this program or not? I don't know the answer to that

Mitchell: You don't have any information, for instance, that a very prominent journalist, Christiane Amanpour, might have been eavesdropped upon?

Risen: No, no I hadn't heard that.

...and here's what it looks like now:
Mitchell: Do you have any information about reporters being swept up in this net?

Risen: No, I don't. It's not clear to me. That's one of the questions we'll have to look into the future. Were there abuses of this program or not? I don't know the answer to that

Mitchell: You are very, very tough on the CIA and the administration in general in both the war on terror and the run up to the war and the war itself — the post-war operation. Let's talk about the war on terror....

Hmmmmmm.

 

Comments:

 

Congratulations on a very interesting blog. I like your style and will definitely be coming back for more! Keep up the great work.

I've put together a Website devoted to dog food. You'll find plenty of good quality dog food information to keep you occupied there.

Here's the URL: http://www.dogadventures.no1-source.com
 
Post a Comment