"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Appropriate Ceremonies 

From Whatever It Is, I'm Against It (also known as "Buck Mulligan's Favorite Blog"):
Evidently Sunday is National Sanctity of Human Life Day, and while I was just gonna get Human Life a nice card, Chimpy “call[s] upon all Americans to recognize this day with appropriate ceremonies and to reaffirm our commitment to respecting and defending the life and dignity of every human being.” Appropriate ceremonies?

For the record, this is how I intend to commemorate National Sanctity of Human Life Day - I intend to spend it on the couch with a steady procession of ice-cold microbrews in my hand and my son at my side, watching the NFC title game. Because nothing speaks to me of the sanctity of life quite like Shaun Alexander gaining 200 yards on the ground; nothing affirms the dignity of every human being quite like Jake Delhomme getting knocked on his ass three or four times. In a dignified way, of course.

Kickoff is in 15 hours and 40 minutes, not that I'm clock-watching or anything. Go Squawks!

 

Comments:

 

I have often wished to say that using abusive names may just harm your chances of getting published. Here is a link to an article with which I think you will most likely generally, disagree. http://jewishworldreview.com/0106/lileks012606.php3

It takes a stab at the left, but does, in my opinion have a valid point when it implies that making up funny names (and using to the point of nausea) only will harm your cause.
 
Post a Comment