"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Sometime in New York City 

I enjoyed watching my Seahawks put on a defensive clinic in Philly last night, but today, sadly, I am reminded of another Monday Night Football broadcast that I watched 25 years ago. Like many of my generation, I learned of John Lennon's death from Howard Cosell - which is weird, no matter how you look at it.

This dairy at DKos examines Lennon - his personal failures as well as his artistic genius, and his unique place in American political history - as well as I can imagine it being done. If you remember Lennon, or perhaps even more if you don't (it is sobering to realize that there are people drinking legally in bars who were not yet born when Lennon died), you should check it out.

 

Comments:

 

Post a Comment