"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Department of Corrections 

A few days ago, I linked to this story about a student who claimed to have gotten a visit from Homeland Security goons over his interlibrary loan request for Mao's Little Red Book. The story came to me well-sourced, and it did not seem particularly unbelievable given our current regime. Even when a commenter called the accuracy of the story into question, I found nothing to contradict it and so I did not respond to the comment. Today, however, I learn that the student in question has admitted to making the whole thing up, and so I want to take this opportunity to retract my original story. The Amazon.com link to the book will remain on my sidebar for now, however, because I am too lazy to change it at the moment.

Also, when I recently reported that Condoleeza Rice sleeps in a coffin and drinks the blood of unborn liberals, I appear to have been mistaken. I apologize for any inconvenience which may have resulted from my error.

 

Comments:

 

Post a Comment