"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Monday, November 28, 2005

Heard You Missed Me; Well, I'm Back! 

No one, of course, actually missed me. But would it kill you to humor me?

We - that is, my Lovely Bride, the Boy, and I - spent the last few days in Salt Lake City, visiting my father and stepmother for Thanksgiving. It is not too much of a stretch to call SLC the "anti-Seattle." Very much like a trip to the Bizarro World. Still, it was nice seeing family for the holiday, and I brought back a huge stack of old photos to scan and archive before the forty-year-old prints fade even more than they already have done. Oddly enough, the few really old photos are sharper and better preserved than some of the newer ones, but that's probably because they are mostly professional photos rather than Kodak Instamatic snapshots.

I'll be catching up around the office for the next couple of days, so posting may continue to be spotty. Rest assured, however, that if there is any breaking news ("The President's brain is missing!"), you'll hear it here first.

 

Comments:

 

Post a Comment