"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Schadenfreude? Nein! 

It would be pointless for me to try to conceal my glee at the prospect of Scooter and Turd Blossom receiving engraved invitations to appear at the Federal courthouse in the company of their respective attorneys for a cup of coffee and some high-stakes criminal litigation. Sometimes, I think about it and just start giggling for no outwardly apparent reason. Needless to say, I've had no problem getting my own seat on the bus lately.

Still, I think it's important to remember that, like most good comedies, there is a terrible tragedy lurking beneath this story. Our nation was betrayed by agents from the highest levels of our own government. People probably died as a result of that betrayal. Certainly, thousands of people have died in the war that necessitated the betrayal in the first place. None of this is cause for joy.

Still, the crimes having been committed, there is delicious humor to be had in watching the bumbling criminals fall. Make no mistake - it will be glorious, and very, very funny.
Wingnut alert!

And here's something else that's funny - watching the wingnuts' heads explode. Consider this, from Redstate.org (via Suburban Guerrilla):
My sources are relaying to me information that may be very good news re: the Plame Case.

Although I cannot substantiate this info 100%, I am receiving this from sources very close to the investigation and grand jury:

No indictments for Rove, Libby or any member of the administration.

Pobable indictments for Vallerie Plame, Joseph Wilson and one as yet unknown high ranking Congressional Democrat.

No wrong doing or misuse of intelligence on the part of the administration.

Possible criminal conduct in an attempt to smear the White House on the part of Congressional Democrats, Plame and Wilson.

(Again, take this with a grain of salt but this is what I am hearing from my sources and the D.C. grape vine)

Now that, my friends, is pure comedy gold! Or, from a somewhat more "respectable" source (all things being relative), here's Jonah Goldberg (hat tip to the Poor Man):
Byron, Andy, someone: Is it possible that Wilson will be indicted too, or is that pure pie-in-the-sky talk? Because that would sure help a lot of bitter pills go down.

Can't you feel the pathos in that sad, sad cry for help? And doesn't it make you laugh? Of course it does! Chortle, even!

So please, don't mistake my paroxysms of laughter for a failure to appreciate the horror at the core of this tale. I do appreciate it, very much so. But, like the man said, "tragedy tomorrow - comedy tonight!"

 

Comments:

 

Post a Comment