"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Thursday, October 27, 2005

I See You Quiver With Antici ... [SAY IT!] ... pation 

The AP's Pete Yost is reporting that "Randall Samborn, a spokesman for Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald, said there would be no announcements in the probe [today]." I guess we will simply have to be patient, and spend our time parsing Harriet Miers' letter to the Empty Flight Suit, asking that her nomination be withdrawn.

I mentioned to my Lovely Bride this morning that, as a small-fry lawyer with delusions of grandeur, I kinda felt sorry for Harry. She thought she had won the lottery, but it turns out she mis-read the numbers on her ticket. The LB replied that, yes, one could feel bad for her - until one remembers the sort of company Miers keeps. Lie down with the dogs, and all that.... As usual, of course, the LB had it exactly right.

 

Comments:

 

Post a Comment