"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

...And Introducing Katherine Harris, As the Witch 

The Bush family instinct for graft and self-dealing has sunk so far that they are now sullying the reputation of previously-beloved children's books:
Gov. Jeb Bush is encouraging Florida schoolchildren to read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, a parable of the New Testament gospels, for a contest timed with the release of the movie version by a company owned by a prominent Republican donor.

The $150 million film opens Dec. 9, and three sets of winners will get a private screening in Orlando, two nights at a Disney resort, a dinner at Medieval Times and a copy of the C.S. Lewis children's novel signed by Jeb and Columba Bush.

The movie is being co-produced by Disney and Walden Media, which is owned by Philip Anschutz, a Colorado billionaire. Anschutz, his family, his foundation and his company have donated nearly $100,000 to Republican candidates and causes in the past three elections, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

I think we have a winner in today's "Who Would Jesus Bribe?" sweepstakes!

The above comes to me, by the way, via Political Wire - whence I also found this nugget:
That’s right, I said I’m a hooker. I have to go up to total strangers, ask them for money and get them to expect me to be there when they need me. What does that sound like to you?

That would be Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite (R-FL) speaking, though it could just as easily have been any elected representative from either of our fine criminal enterprises political parties.

 

Comments:

 

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Disney World
Thanks
 
Post a Comment