"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Friday, September 16, 2005

Random and the Beat 

Before getting to the business at hand, I have to mention something. In the last couple of days I've gotten a huge bump in traffic, and a surprisingly large portion of it comes from people Googling on the name "Dr. Albert Sherwinski" or the phrase "chaos cloud." They are picking up on this post from a couple of days ago, in which I mentioned an article from the Weekly World News. Which leads me to ask: You people do realize that the Weekly World News is fake, don't you? I mean, not "Daily Show" fake, but fake fake. As in, completely made up. It's a joke, people!

Anyway, it's a pretty good Random Ten today, and that's without the benefit of any of the Left Banke tunes that I just added to the library:
1. "Wavelength" (Van Morrison)
2. "Don't Let It Break You Down" (Graham Parker)
3. "Gotta Serve Somebody" (Bob Dylan)
4. "Lipstick" (Suzi Quatro)
5. "Green Eyes" (Hüsker Dü)
6. "She Sheila" (The Producers)
7. "Golden Blunders" (The Posies)
8. "Wonderland" (Big Country)
9. "Nelson Mandela" (Special AKA)
10. "Our Lips Are Sealed" (The Go-Go's)

Feel free to let us all know in the comments what you're listening to today - and please, stop worrying about the chaos cloud.

 

Comments:

 

'course we know it's fake fake... unless you're one of those odd ducks who thinks Men In Black was real, in which case the tabloids are the best investigative journalism on the planet... but i digress.

not everyone searches the 'net for pure fact. ;)

- the collective "we"
 
Lol.
Here's something funny, okay?

So, my friend Randy comes up to me and says, "So, Tegan, did you know that the earth is supposed to be destroyed in 2014? June 1, 9:45 a.m."
I was kind of intrigued--so he finished explaining, "Yeah, I read that NASA found out in May 2005 and hasn't released the information because they worry the public might get scared."

As a rule of thumb, I believe the name "NASA", okay? So I'm seriously sitting there thinking to myself, 'should I drop out of college and become a bohemian hippi? I mean, why waste another nine years of my life doing something I hate? I should go out and live life to the fullest.'

So I get home, google it--and taadaa, I find out it was something in the WWN.

How crazy is that?

-Tegan
 
Post a Comment