"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)
Friday, August 12, 2005
But, of course, I couldn't let you go without inflicting another Random Ten on ya':
1. Gloria (Grateful Dead)
2. Telegram (Nazareth)
3. Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo (Rick Derringer)
4. Brilliant Mistake (Elvis Costello)
5. Stacey's Mom (Fountains of Wayne)
6. Thank You (Falletinme Be Mice Elf Agin) (Sly & the Family Stone)
7. Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah (Means I Love You) (Violent Femmes)
8. Six Months In a Leaky Boat (Split Enz)
9. Tempted (Squeeze)
10. Heaven (Joan Armitrading)
Speaking of the Violent Femmes - we saw them at Woodland Park Zoo the night before last, and it was a pretty good show. All the hits, yada yada yada. One thing was really weird, however - because it was at the zoo, there were a lot of kids there (including my own). Well, that was fine and dandy, and the band even made allowances (censoring the lyrics to "Add It Up," for instance), but I kind of got the creeps when they played "Country Death Song" and I looked around to see oodles of aging punks - and their toddlers - enjoying an ode to filicide together. Other than that, though, it was just wholesome family fun, as I'm sure you can imagine.
I was wondering how they would perform at such a family-oriented venue...