"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Monday, August 01, 2005

Keep Your Nose Out of My Urine! 

Watching the tube this morning, I saw something I had never seen before - a company actually bragging in an advertisement that they drug test their employees. Disgraceful, and just one more reason to clean my own damn carpets.

By the way, back in the glory days of Usenet, there was a list of employers who use drug tests - I believe it was called the "piss-sniffing fascists" list, if I recall correctly - that was regularly updated by concerned members of the nascent Internet community. I found this list very helpful in choosing which businesses to patronize, and which to avoid. Does anyone know if there is still such a resource available to those of us who believe that a paycheck shouldn't cost people their dignity?

Update 8/3/05: Never mind - I found it.

 

Comments:

 

Post a Comment