"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

History Lesson 

Can I please, please, pretty please have a job covering politics for a respected mainstream political journal? Huh? Please? Because if I could, I promise I wouldn't write ignorant crap like this:
Virginia Gov. Mark Warner (D) is trying to make the case that experience with domestic policy can translate into expertise in foreign policy and national security as he meets with Democrats around the country in a prelude to a possible run for president in 2008.

By doing so, Warner is addressing what may be the most troublesome gap on a résumé similar to those of the two successful Democratic candidates for president since 1960: Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.

I'm sure it will come as a great surprise to Lyndon Johnson, God rest his soul, to learn that he wasn't elected President in 1964 after all.

 

Comments:

 

Post a Comment