"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Monday, May 23, 2005

Out Of the Mouths of Babes 

Yesterday, my three-year-old - precocious lad that he is - wanted to watch my Schoolhouse Rock DVD for the umpteenth time. After hearing all about nouns, multiples of 11, and the circulatory system, we came to the classic "I'm Just a Bill."

"You can ignore this one," I said, reflecting on the imminent carnage on the floor of the Senate, "because none of it will apply after this week." A bit of an overstatement, I admit, but I had my dander up.

My Lovely Bride leaned over and stage-whispered into The Boy's ear, "Tell Daddy he's a pessimist."

Which led The Boy to say "Mommy says 'Daddy's pissed'."

I told you he's a precocious lad.

 

Comments:

 

Post a Comment