"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)
Friday, May 06, 2005
1. I'm Just Your Man (Graham Parker)
2. Ripple (Grateful Dead)
3. Heaven (Longhouse)
4. Small Town Romance (Richard Thompson)
5. Honky Tonk Women (Rolling Stones)
6. Highway To Hell (AC/DC)
7. Tiny Dancer (Elton John)
8. Blood Makes Noise (Suzanne Vega)
9. Shotgun (Jr. Walker & the All-Stars)
10. Shakey Ground (Temptations)
A word about item #3 - this obscure track comes from an excellent Rhino Records compilation, Modern A Capella. Both the song and the whole album are gems. On a personal note, this is the song that was playing when my groomsmen and I entered at my wedding (my Lovely Bride entered to John Doe's version of John Hiatt's "The Real One," from his album Meet John Doe). It was kind of a non-traditional affair.
Oh, oh - the boy's awake. Back to my Mr. Mom gig.