"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Friday, May 06, 2005

My Aim Is Random 

My son's daycare is closed today for "Daycare Providers' Appreciation Day" (I am not making that up), so I'm mostly out of commission. However, he's napping now, so without further ado...
1. I'm Just Your Man (Graham Parker)
2. Ripple (Grateful Dead)
3. Heaven (Longhouse)
4. Small Town Romance (Richard Thompson)
5. Honky Tonk Women (Rolling Stones)
6. Highway To Hell (AC/DC)
7. Tiny Dancer (Elton John)
8. Blood Makes Noise (Suzanne Vega)
9. Shotgun (Jr. Walker & the All-Stars)
10. Shakey Ground (Temptations)

A word about item #3 - this obscure track comes from an excellent Rhino Records compilation, Modern A Capella. Both the song and the whole album are gems. On a personal note, this is the song that was playing when my groomsmen and I entered at my wedding (my Lovely Bride entered to John Doe's version of John Hiatt's "The Real One," from his album Meet John Doe). It was kind of a non-traditional affair.

Oh, oh - the boy's awake. Back to my Mr. Mom gig.

 

Comments:

 

I am so not understanding this "Mr. Mom" term. Do you mean it ironically? Can't you just be Dad?
 
You give me credit for being too thoughtful. It was really just meant as a reference to the Michael Keaton flick.
 
Post a Comment