"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Friday, December 17, 2004

What Kind of Republican Goes to the Theater, Anyway? 

I have been wracking my brain, trying to come up with a creative angle from which to tell the story of Ron Wilson, the newly-appointed member of South Carolina's state Board of Education who, in his day job, helped to found the "John Wilkes Booth Camp." In case you missed it, "John Wilkes Booth Camp" is where racist Southern Republican nutbars get together to celebrate the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, among other fun, traditional camp activities. How, I wondered, could I possibly tell this story in a way that captured both my incredulous outrage and my sheer, evil glee at the darkly comic aspects of the situation? How indeed?

I needn't have worried - Jesus' General has my back (in a purely heterosexual way, of course).

 

Comments:

 

Post a Comment