"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year 

I see from my wall calendar here at Buck Mulligan Enterprises World Headquarters that today is "Bill of Rights Day." I have no idea who instituted such a holiday, or why, or when, but I'm all for it. I intend to celebrate in my usual manner, by exercising my right to free expression, followed by some cruel and unusual punishment.

Of course, around here every day is "Bill of Rights Day," but I know that there are those who could use an annual reminder of the importance of that embattled document. And so it is with festive holiday cheer that I bid season's greetings to my visitor this morning from the US Department of Justice, who came to me after a Google search led him, her, or it to this post I wrote last February about some typically ham-handed attempt to censor embarrassing (but unclassified) information regarding airport security lapses. I hope my guest enjoyed the story; maybe you will, too, if you follow the link. And here's to hoping that we get to celebrate "Bill of Rights Day" again next year.

 

Comments:

 

Post a Comment