"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

God Bless the Child 

I have no comment on this story:
An Omaha Marine died in Iraq on the same day his wife gave birth.

Corporal Shane Kielion, 23, was killed in action Monday. His wife, April, gave birth to a son Monday, too.

Kielion was a 1999 graduate of Omaha South High School. He played quarterback on the school’s football team. He wore No. 1 and was the team captain....

After high school, Shane married his high school sweetheart -- April -- and joined the Marine Corps.

"He wanted to make a difference. He was committed to the Marines, committed to his country, committed to his family," [South High football coach Jay] Ball said. "His last words to me were, 'Coach, I'm going back to Fallujah and I'm gonna kick some ass.'"

Kielion's son was born just hours after he died.

 

Comments:

 

One child dead, another born and about to grow up without a father, and George W. Bush feels good because this is the right thing to do. Yeah, I always feel better when I murder someone and throw their family into turmoil...how does he sleep at night?
 
Post a Comment